The five-day plan is one of the oldest and most effective plans for quitting smoking.
In our last article, you can read about day 1 for quitting smoking.
The first thing once you wake up
1. Take this plan.
2. Use the power of your will and say again: “I decided not to smoke today“.
3. The first 24 hours have passed. For some, they were difficult, while others were easier than they expected.
4. Take a good shower. Try this morning to rub your body with a cold bathing glove or a sponge to increase circulation. Rub the skin until it gets pink or till have goosebumps. Start with slightly warm water until your body gets used to the cold.
Eat as much fruit as possible, fresh or preserved. Apples, oranges, bananas (The fruit accelerates nicotine cleansing from the body).Other suggestions are:
-Cereals with grapes or other fruits.
– Milk or yogurt.
– A crumb of black bread or waffles with peanut butter.
– Boiled eggs
-Warm drink (use herbal teas, drinks from cereals or coffee without caffeine, because coffee and tea stimulate the desire for smoking).
– If possible, exit to fresh air immediately after breakfast, take a walk or
do some simple gymnastic exercises.
On the way to school or work
1. If the traffic is dense or you have a long way to go, take with you sugar-free chewing gum or menthol sugar-free candy.
2.Quitting smoking can be nervous,but smoking is difficult for the nerves. Nicotine initially stimulates and then paralyzes the nerves. Take a deep breath, drive carefully or walk and think about a nice vacation – you save money for it – you quit smoking.
At school or at work
When tension increases, remember that a glass of water or fruit juice will make you
help to calm the desire for cigarettes.
1. When breathing deep and rhythmic, it helps the tense nerves. Do not forget, deep inhalation by stretching the ribs at least once, three times a day.
2. Remember, you choose not to smoke!
During a coffee break from learning or between classes
Do not let it “break you”!
1. Stay away from your friends while they smoke.
2. Take as much fluids as possible; different types fruit juices (for change, try blueberry or apples) or water. Liquids are essential in the process of release from the nicotine.
3. Prepare something for nibbling (carrots, celery), if you feel a need.
4. Avoid coffee and teas that can trigger the desire for cigarettes.
Try this menu:
-Baked potato with low-cholesterol margarine
– Black bread
– Grains (peas, beans, etc.)
– Fresh lettuce
– Milk with curd or tomato juice
-Fresh fruit for dessert
Tell your friends that you have chosen not to smoke and maybe you will be a little more nervous. If you have a headache, an analgesic (mild analgesic against headache) will not hurt you, and it’s better than taking one of the four thousand chemicals found in cigarettes.
You are on the right path to better health, a better life and a reduction in the chances of cancer and thrombosis that come as a consequence of smoking. The body has wonderful renewable power. Give him a chance.
Good news: The moment you quit smoking,
You have lowered your chances of suffering from heart disease, lung cancer and at least six other cancers chronic lung disease.
“Smoking interruption at any age reduces the development of pulmonary function loss and also provides immediate improvement of the lung function” (Journal of American Medical Assoc., June 1993).
1. Call your partner. He may need encouragement right now.
2. Continue to consume liquids.
3. If you are talking on the phone, talk slowly and breathe deeply between each sentence, and let the conversation be brief. Have fruit juice at hand.
4. If you are at home, and things around you disturb you, take a shower.
On the way home Congratulate yourself! Your will becomes stronger. You stop smoking. Hold on to your courage. Think about how you can avoid the risks associated with your health and how much health benefits you will get. You need to write them down.
“Smoking remains the biggest cause (which can be prevented) of death in our society (American Association of Surgeons).
You are starving. Be careful, choose simple and modest foods.
– Avoid meals containing a mixture of fat, cream and butter.
– Avoid fried food or very spicy with strong spices and condiments.
– Do not overdo it. A warm meal with a rich dessert makes the stomach work hard, and then you feel drowsy and your will weakens.
– In the next few days, eat an easy meal in the evening, a warm breakfast and a lunch. You will sleep better and restore the energy of your nerves.
Watch out for dinner!
After dinner, do not sit on your favorite chair and do not go to your favorite smoking place – this place is full of smell from cigarette smoke. That smell is enough to reappear a desire for smoking. Get out for a walk! Get up and get out of the table.
In the next article you can read about day 3 for quitting smoking.